For this practicum, we will set up the content management system (CMS) known as Omeka, and you will build a small collection on some historical topic of interest to you.
- First, review Omeka documentation on Site Planning Tips and How You Might Use Omeka
- Be sure you have installed Omeka on your Reclaim server and the SimplePages plugin installed in Omeka
- Choose a historical topic as the subject for your mini-exhibit. Don’t stress over this, it’s not particularly important what you choose.
- Add at least 10 items to Omeka related to your subject. Fill in as much metadata as you can. Great resources for items to add would be:
- Create at least 1 collection that includes several items along a common theme.
- Share your Omeka site URL by writing a short blog post of approximately 150-200 words that describes your collection, and why you selected the items you did. Don’t forget to embed the link in the post!